Hickory’s story began in 1991 when fourth generation builders embarked on a journey to create an innovative and dynamic construction company that has grown and forged an incredible reputation. It is now one of Australia’s most diverse property companies and employs over 700 team members.
Our philosophy is focused on ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, in its fullest extent, each and every day. Everything we do and everything we make is ‘MADE for LIFE.’
We are on the lookout for qualified Project Coordinators to join our team on a full-time basis. This role is a critical role, responsible for monitoring and guiding the day-to-day project activities and providing administrative support and assistance to the Project Manager and Project team. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, reviewing, and adjusting programs to ensure project timelines are met
- Coordinating the purchase and delivery of goods for the project
- Coordinating the timesheet process and reconciling the use of equipment with work hours
- Liaising with key stakeholders including the site manager on administrative issues and potential issues surrounding payroll and accounts
- Managing trade packages from start to finish
- Ensuring all project activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards
- Providing regular progress reports and updates to the Project Manager
- Supervising and coordinating the tasks and activities of employees and subcontractors to ensure continuity and correct sequencing of work.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Building and Construction.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Project Coordinator in commercial construction or a related field.
- Professional standard written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build rapport quickly and easily with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organisational skills.
- Ability to operate independently and use initiative whilst being able to operate within a team and contribute as required.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and develop conceptual designs and coordinate such with relevant parties.
- Understanding of site documentation such as plans, specifications, etc.
WHAT HICKORY CAN OFFER
Aside from a great opportunity to work for one of Australia’s top commercial builders there are also some great benefits on offer:
- Career development, including exposure to industry leaders and diverse projects.
- Exposure to a variety of different roles and functions within a market-leading construction company.
- A culture of innovation, learning and growth – where inventive thinking, hard work and dedication is acknowledged and celebrated.
- Access to our brand new state-of-the-art office building, which includes:Wellness and fitness centre with yoga studio and gym.
- In-house café and bar.
- Lockers, secure bike storage, towel and dry-cleaning service, shower and change rooms.
- On-site high-pressure car wash bay.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please submit your detailed cover letter and CV today!
Please note: Applicants must have unlimited Australian working rights to be considered; due to the volume of applications we receive, only successful applicants may be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.apply