Senior Contracts Administrator (NSW based)
Hickory is one of Melbourne’s largest and most respected and innovative high-rise builders. Our business has grown to employ over 700 people and we also lead the way in prefabricated buildings.
At Hickory, we are made for life, this centres around our connections, buildings and future visions.
We are looking for a hard-working, qualified Senior Contracts Administrator to assist with the review and management of contracts and act as the liaison between the Project Manager, subcontractors and clients to achieve objectives set out for project, whilst mentoring Contracts Administrators, Junior Contracts Administrators and Contract Administrator Assistants.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- In conjunction with relevant site Project Managers, carry out and manage the project’s financial activities and all Head Contract and Subcontract commercial administration activities for the project.
- Review all tender documents, contractual conditions and report on items of commercial or risk significance with recommendations for action, as well as reviewing Head Contract documents and identify items of commercial risk significance. Consult on risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Prepare contract of sale reviews and project-specific subcontract agreements having regard for Head Contract conditions, risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Review and assist with set up of project budgets on Cheops (Cost Control Program), based on budget details provided by Estimating Manager.
- Ensure Cheops is implemented effectively and accurately by all administrators and maintained.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to reflect correct financial position of project in Project Monthly Report (PMR).
- Review project contractual matters under both Head and Subcontract contracts that are likely to lead to contractual claims, major disputation, arbitration or litigation.
- Liaise with Commercial Director and CFO for an audit on administration procedures on the project.
- Ensure all project progress claims to the client is submitted on or prior to due date.
- Monitor and report on receipt of certification and payments of progress claims. Where necessary liaise with principal/client and expedite any late payments.
- In conjunction with Project Manager prepare and submit extension of time notices and claims for delays having regard for Head Contract conditions (including establishment and maintenance of register).
- Review notices and claims for variations promptly having regard for Head Contract conditions and review and assess sub-contract extension of time claims received.
- Establish and review project variation register. Follow up closely with the principal/superintendent for prompt approval of claims.
- Review insurance requirements set out in the Head Contract and sub-contract documents. Familiarise with details of respective policies such as cover, excess, exclusions etc. and adhere to procedures for lodgement of notices and claims stipulated.
- Manage project subcontract tendering process.
- Administer and review all site payments & supplies including statutory declarations, entry and processing into Cheops including review of sub-contract variations received and / or paid.
- Liaise with principal/superintendent for timely return of project securities on Practical Completion and Final Completion of the project.
- Arrange release of subcontract bank guarantees and securities.
- Ensure warranties and deeds of releases are prepared and returned.
- Conclude final accounts for Head Contract and subcontractors upon Practical Completion.
- Liaise with consultants and authorities as required.
- Assist and review with Project Manager status and updating of tender letting program/register. Monitoring and reporting in relation to time performance.
- Assist Cadet (Site Engineer) with review of quality-related documents such as Project Quality Plans, Inspections and Test Plans.
- Submit draft subcontracts to Legal Department for review and approval.
- Prepare handover manuals and relevant deeds of releases, warranties etc.
- Close out projects on Cheops, ensuring Cheops is balanced.
- Ensure subcontractors execute their sub-contracts before commencing subcontract works.
- Perform design management and RFIs relating to relevant trade packages.
- Coordinate service trades and service overlays and carry out Aconex project administrators.
- Manage / monitor project coordinators and building graduates/cadets.
- Obtain subcontractor safety plans prior to subcontractors commencing on site.
- Take meeting minutes and mentor Employee’s Direct reports.
- Manage/maintain subcontractor control register & insurances and samples registers.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Tertiary qualifications in Building and Construction OR Tafe Diploma in Building OR Trade background
- Track record in the Construction industry with demonstrated ability to read plans
- Experience with quantity surveying or estimating
- Understanding of contracts and of fundamental legal issues around contracts
- In-depth knowledge of tender processes
- Financial understanding and knowledge of construction costs
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to operate independently and use of initiative
- Experience with Word, Cheops and Aconex software