Senior Project Co-ordinator (NSW based)
Hickory is one of Melbourne’s largest and most respected and innovative high-rise builders. Our business has grown to employ over 700 people and we also lead the way in prefabricated buildings. At Hickory, we are made for life, this centres around our connections, buildings and future visions.
We are looking for a hard-working, qualified Senior Project Co-ordinator responsible for the monitoring and guiding of day to day project activities and to also provide administrative support and assistance to the Project Manager and project team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor, review and adjust programs to ensure time requirements are met and provide progress reports to Project Manager.
- Coordinate the purchase of goods to the project and arrange delivery for timely receipt.
- Coordinate the timesheet process and reconcile the use of equipment with work hours.
- Liaise with head office personnel and more in particular the site manager on administrative issues and potential issues surrounding payroll and accounts.
- Manage trade packages from start to finish where necessary.
- Attend project related meetings and contribute where necessary.
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Supervise and coordinate the tasks and activities of employees and Subcontractors to ensure continuity and correct sequencing of work.
- Develop and implement detailed programs of work.
- With the help of the site engineer, monitor and inspect the work of subcontractors to ensure quality of workmanship, adherence to schedules and completion.
- Maintaining up to date site wide diary and photographic record throughout the project.
- Administer and comply with Hickory Quality Assurance processes and maintain documentation.
- Supervisory responsibilities include training staff; planning and delegating work; motivating staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems; building cohesive teams.
- Ensure the provision of a safe working environment. Liaise with Safety Managers to manage the development, implementation and compliance auditing of OHS&E plans for the project.
- Coordinate design of work packages where appropriate, communicate directly with architectural design, engineering design, full service design, building surveyors as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the building and construction industry
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills alongside excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience on large scale construction projects
- Ability to develop conceptual designs and coordinate such with relevant parties
- Understanding of site documentation such as plans, specifications etc.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or progressive tertiary qualifications
- Specialist skills (e.g. structures, steel, services, civil works) beneficial