Site Safety Supervisors
Hickory’s story began in 1991 when fourth generation builders embarked on a journey to create an innovative and dynamic construction company that has grown and forged an incredible reputation. It is now one of Australia’s most diverse property companies and employs over 700 team members.
Our philosophy is focused on ‘MADE for LIFE’ – it’s a commitment we honour, in its fullest extent, each and every day. Everything we do and everything we make is ‘MADE for LIFE.’
We are seeking a full-time Site Safety Supervisors based at onsite at our Hickory Building Systems (HBS) and Sync Industries Laverton office/workshop in Laverton North. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the positions are responsible for ensuring workplace compliance with Hickory’s Safety and Environmental Management System
Some key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that site operations comply with the Hickory’s Site Safety and Environmental Plans and OHS legislation.
- Conduct site inductions, toolbox meetings, and coordinate the Safety Committee.
- Ensure that all contractor safety documentation e.g. insurances and SWMSs complies with Hickory’s minimum standards.
- Conduct daily and weekly safety walks/inspections; identifying hazards and potential risks.
- Investigate and record all accidents, incidents, and near misses.
- Consult with workers and management to ensure that any safety issues are identified, communicated, and resolved.
- Associated reporting and administration.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Minimum Cert. IV in OHS or sufficient equivalent experience e.g. in a trade background.
- Demonstrated understanding of the construction/manufacturing processes i.e. precast concrete panel manufacturing, electrical installations, mobile plant and fixed plant.
- Sound understanding of current workplace health and safety legislation as well as plant safety requirements.
- Previous safety auditing experience.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional standard written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to complete accurate reports/paperwork to a high standard.
- Ability to positively influence and communicate with others to ensure safety compliance at all times.
- Experience using Hammertech Online Safety system (preferred).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
Aside from a great opportunity to work under the banner of one of Australia’s most innovative commercial builders, Hickory can offer:
- Exposure to a variety of different roles within a market leading company.
- Career development, including exposure to industry leaders and best practice.
- A culture of innovation, learning, and growth; where inventive thinking, hard work and dedication is acknowledged and celebrated.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please submit your detailed cover letter and CV via Seek today.
*Please note: Applicants must hold unlimited Australian work rights to be considered for this position; due to the volume of applications received only successful applicants will be contacted, thank you for your understanding.apply